Thursday, March 10, 2011

I have oranges




I sit in my bed
and drink coffee, the cars
rush by (going somewhere)
I sit, sip coffee -
the fields
down the street
in March
are still empty, but
soon they will
be full of produce
and people - I write
poetry

their promise is productive
commodity
spreadsheets
with lines, rows
of nutrients spoken in several
languages -
my lines are uneven, limited
broken
English - no vitamin C

but the coffee
tastes good - and I have
oranges

bkmackenzie
copyrighted 2011

Painting by; Svetlana Baibekova titled: Coffee and Oranges

12 comments:

  1. Lovely painting and lovely words. I like it very much, and think of Van Gogh, painting in the fields.xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often, coffee and oranges are enough. Like now. In this piece. Ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes simplicity is best! I have lemons today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy what you have is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting--wonderful poem. Coffee and oranges are definitely enough! Vitamin P...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the image of 'fields down the street'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb, I can relate to so much of this.
    Well said.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all, soon the fields will be buzzing...i live in a northern cal farm town, shipping the area sends, rice, almonds, apricots, peaches, walnuts etc throughout the world...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara,
    Lovely words with a relaxing image and the scents are just wonderful!!!

    Best wishes, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful.. I needed this right now!
    An orange and a coffee and some time by hand to enjoy both..

    Love xx

    ReplyDelete