Saturday, January 1, 2011

paper or plastic



it was collective chaos
in the Campbell Soup aisle
a Warhol sighting
had set up a paper over plastic trend
autographs were ordered - i had earlier crossed
off Chicken Noodle,
compromised again for bananas
what can i do with
a banana?
 "paper or plastic?"

i whispered, "i'll take plastic"
"plastic?" echoed back at me -
it was Warhol - he had
followed me to
produce, thought i
was one up on him - went for the
bananas too....

and me, standing
there - with plastic...

bkmackenzie
copyrighted 2011

9 comments:

  1. Love Andy Warhol, love his art, love your poem so apropos. Adore your new blog look.

    wishing you a very creative and love filled 2011.

    cheers,
    joanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you joanny, same too you....it is going to be a Great Year...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!! Nice start to the new year. Love the redesign also. All best to you for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, bkm. I like this. :-)

    Happy New Year.

    I must say, I like the new blog design too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, set in the chicken noodle soup aisle.......cool one, bkm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice poem..
    The new design of your blog is wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful.
    love your new blog template.
    happy 2011.

    ReplyDelete