Saturday, October 29, 2011

five reasons




i.

there is
 a canvas bag with
yellow words
in it, black leathers with
extra buckles - i crawl in
and out, rub myself
in your musk - drinking
yellow

ii.

the bed
is red paisley, i antique
white,  the window
holds all texture (burnt
oranges on blue silks) a
mahogany table
engraves
the day in mono

iii.

there are
licorice strings tied to my boots,
stones to my neck -
the thatched hut we dwell
in loves linen light
i love cashmere skin -
comets attached
to notes
undressed

iv.

my gloving
has ears and the
housing i carry prefers
doors that open
outward onto mosaic
rivers with a floating
language and a buttoned down
bodice

v.

all reason
is held in a single shoe and a number
three - divided by
itself - the you
the me and a place name
leaning left across the bookshelf
of morning math
 times
two expressed
Pardon Me's


bkmackenzie
copyrighted 2011

16 comments:

  1. ha this has some ready neat textures...love the whole thing bk...think i will take 3 and 5 though...smiles...you and me and place leaning left...ha...nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet and delicious piece.

    visiting from poets united.
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello.
    Visiting from The Poetry Pantry

    Some vivid images here.
    I'm with Brian...it's 3 & 5 for me too.
    Very nicely penned!
    Thanks for sharing.

    The Beautiful Winds Of India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful write, bkm....I love it. So drenched in color and atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like 5 the best because it involves math ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween, Thanks for your strong support to jingle Poetry Community,

    bless you, welcome back to us,
    join our week 11 poetry picnic today. any poems are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your five reasons - very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful reasons indeed...hope you had a wonderful Halloween. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the images and I could get lost in your metaphors as always. hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A strokable poem, all those linens and cashmeres, paisleys and licorice strings. There's a hypnotic recurrence of meter in iii's -- stones to my neck/tied to my boots/loves linen light/love cashmere skin/ comets attached /to notes undressed -- and that plus the aforementioned delicious licorice strings make this stanza a standout for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. each stanza could stand alone as a great poem and all together theyre just magnificent! I cant pick a fav one...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree with Anthony--each segment is self-supporting--together they overwhelm the senses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very intricate, complex write. I love all the senses this poem appeals to. I could not choose a favorite stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drinking yellow, a red paisley bed, undressed notes and buttoned down bodices so much color and great images. Love the feel over all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is an amazing piece.
    the words are well chosen and evoke complex and profound imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This poem is so tactile and rich, yet carries me through it lightly like a dream or a mind-drift during meditation. "Mosaic river" was a wonderful expression - wish I thought of that! Lovely piece, truly creative and inspiring

    ReplyDelete