Tuesday, May 30, 2017

cracks


there was a crack in the door and a crack in me.  something lifted as the bamboo reached towards the ceiling.  and all my days broke loose as if i had no containment, constrictions or certification to be here.  i held your hand empty of thinking or past reflection.  every direction pointed elsewhere as the bamboo turned to listen.  there is stepping and stonewalls,  there were no words, only a shadow of what was and a crack in the door.

the days timing sings
with feathers release secured
joy laughs at the mirror

bkmackenie
copyrighted 2017

/https://dversepoets.com

15 comments:

  1. That crack in oneself can be devastating but it can also be spark for a new beginning ~ I love that joy laughs at the mirror ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace thought I would throw my hat in this week...bkm

      Delete
    2. The crack is now wide open and the door has opened- I left the bamboo whine. But took my soul with me...bkm

      Delete
  2. This crack I can see, and I love how you reflected on it inward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your reflections too - so much to see in that illuminated crack.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first sentence. It grabbed my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you anonymous- are you someone I know...bkm

      Delete
  5. A shadow of what was and a crack leading to what's new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So there we are. Do we open the door or close it? (or...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have opened the door and took my soul with me...bkm

      Delete
  7. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each word well chosen...to talk about the crack in the door, and the crack in yourself.

    ReplyDelete